Saturday, May 19, 2007



A few quotes from the most gorgeous, classy, strong-minded, graceful, eloquent, steely, soft, crazy, sharp, wise, loving matriarch anyone could ever be proud to claim as their bloodline. Died 2:05pm May 18th, 5 days after Mothers' Day, 4 days after her 84th birthday. This picture is on her birthday:

"Life is all about love and art...fragile flowers, a silent symphony."

"This is a perfect day, a perfect ending."
(closes eyes.............opens them)
"Am I still alive?"
"Yes."
"This is a perfect day to remember."

"I don't belong here. These people don't remember anything. I have a perfect memory. I even remember the things I'd rather forget."

"Do you remember what you asked me?"
"What?"
"'Have you ever made wild love?'"
(Uproarous laughter)
"Don't be embarrassed. I understand. It's overwhelming."

"You are perfect harmony. My angel."

I love you always, Omie. Now you're truly free to live through us vicariously. You ripped off your clothes. Mom held your naked body in her tearful arms and you told her she'd done everything she could. You ripped out the IV, the catheter, the oxygen. No tethers now! Only our warm embrace.

2 comments:

Gabriel said...

Brook, im so sorry for your lose.
I am so moved when i look at you and your omi and see the deep love that you share.This is truly a gift that you experienced such a deep soul connection.My heart is with you
c-

Gabriel said...

Brook, im so sorry for your lose.
I am so moved when i look at you and your omi and see the deep love that you share.This is truly a gift that you experienced such a deep soul connection.My heart is with you
c-