Friday, February 16, 2007

Only My Heart

My cravings are mounting, like a horse that wants to be ridden: hard, into the wind. Sometimes I want to be that animal. The one without appoinments and deadlines of time passing too quickly. The animal that simply knows scent and which way the wind blows if a storm is coming and how fast to run if chased. I want to find water and make love behind cattails. Sniff. Smell. Search. Find. Reach deeply into the crevices of my body, pull out my beating heart and eat it. And know it's the only thing at this moment that might satiate this appetite. I need more time to be human, to be animal. To take off into the woods and desert expanse and find that sweet, unforgiving rhythm of a world that is created for me and will take the dust of my body in one swift gulp. Nothing personal. Just death.

No comments: