Tuesday, July 04, 2006

To Friendship Afar

As we straddle kingdoms seeking our inner turnings -- those sweet twists & curves that outline the voluptuousness of our souls -- I am content to let the Unknown rest between us. In such an expanse, we can't help but stretch ourselves more finely into form. Our sandcastles may be downstream, upriver; yet, we share the same shore. And I do enjoy the lapping waves. I do enjoy the silence at water's edge. I do enjoy soaking my feet as I break from the workings of my kingdom. And I smell you when the wind picks up. And I feel glad, especially when I'm not afraid. I love my fear. It is wise & telling. And some days, it needs to go on its way.

Thank you for your humanness. I see it. I hear it. I smell it, like the horse sweat on my hat.

2 comments:

Phinko said...

Indeed, I'm an avid dreamer. In fact, I journal regularly and go to dream analysis with this wise woman in her late 70s every week. I checked out your site. Yum. I'll email you when I have a bit more time to play. Thanks so much for the invite. How synchronous.

Brook

Phinko said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.