Monday, July 19, 2004

Vagrant Angel

Lovely days.  Making licorice and ginger tinctures, a little drumming, a lot of wrestling and more laughter than I can remember.  He read me Mary Oliver poems & I admired the water filtration system on his van cooler.  A drunken, wise Creole spirit -  wandering from Bakersfield, CA - espoused the beauty of a good woman under the street lamp.  His eyes wide & bloodshot, his smile brightly weathered & knowing, like a vagrant angel reminding the Everydayers of the sacred essentials.  "If I had a woman like that, I'd follow her wherever she go.  I'd make sure I be by her side, boy.  Don't let a love like that slip you by."  We laughed.  What a romantic.  My mind can't follow that path again yet, but I reveled in every second of his passion pulpit.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I wish I knew what memory you were refering to. :)